Employee Wellness Programs That Work!
The Wellness Education Foundation’s wellness & prevention programs assist employers of all sizes in reducing insurance costs through a healthier workforce with little or no investment by the organization.
The WEF’s behavioral & lifestyle wellness programs include the five essential elements necessary for a quantifiable impact on reducing risks: assessment, intervention, education, access and reporting. Additionally, the WEF concentrates on the entire person by including complimentary, face-to-face health coaching services and monthly on-site health presentations via its national network of Certified Health Coaches to address behavioral and lifestyle changes.
Why Implement a Wellness Program?
- Adults with multiple risk factors are expensive employees in terms of insurance utilization, reduced productivity, increased absenteeism, etc. In fact, they consume 42% more resources than those without. Thus, your clients have a vested interest in reducing those risk factors to improve their profitability.
- Approximately 50% of the workforce experiences a problem known to reduce productivity that often can be successfully addressed through an effective wellness program.
- On average, over 50% of each employer’s employees will have three or more risk factors—categorizing them as high risk.
- According to the US Government Guidelines (Healthy People 2010), 75% of employers should implement a comprehensive wellness program.
- The program was developed with proven principles of changing behavior. We can assist you in reducing claims costs, increasing productivity, and reducing absenteeism.
- Employees will appreciate the new benefit offering that is both visible and well accepted. Furthermore, the WEF’s wellness program will touch and positively impact spouses and dependents as well.
- The WEF’s Program offers a high value, low cost proposition to incorporate a comprehensive wellness program including all five essential elements for effectiveness—assessment, intervention, education, access, and incentivization.
- Upon renewal, employers can build the cost of the program into the employees’ share of benefits resulting in a healthier workforce while not requiring any investment from the employer.
- By using the WEF Program, we’ll have the data and utilization reports to negotiate with the underwriter at renewal for a discounted premium.
- With a guaranteed ROI, it costs more to not have the WEF program than to implement.
- The Program is not painful for your clients to implement. In fact, we take responsibility for getting their employees involved!
- A reduction in the number of risk factors for employee and dependent population.
- Increased morale by offering a very visible new benefit that shows that your clients care about their employees.
- Increased productivity, reduced absenteeism, and improved profitability.
- Expected ROI of $4 or more for every $1 invested. ROI Guarantee is available.
- ROI Guarantee is available.
The WEF’s Wellness Program and associated services are available nationally—in all 50 states.
While other wellness programs exist, the WEF’s Wellness Program is unique from its competition for a number of reasons:
- Use of local Certified Health Coaches
- Less expensive
- Bio-Metric Screenings
- Health Risk Assessments
- Health Screenings
- Health Risk Reviews
- Health Coaching
- Employee Assistance Program
- EBSCO Publishing's Health Library
- Web-based Tools
- Health Challenges
- Health Presentations
- Health & Wellness Newsletters
- Incentives, prizes, raffles, and contests
- Comprehensive reporting
- Applicable to employers of any size
- Applicable to employers of any industry
- ROI Guarantee available
Click To learn more about the Wellness Education Foundation model,